Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in West Townsend, Massachusetts? Contact your local utility company.
NSW floods: Body found in search for missing woman in Central West NSW as flooding likened to 'Lismore-level devastation', as it happened - ABC News iview Listen
A body has been found in the search for a woman missing in floodwaters in NSW's Central West while another man remains unaccounted for. Look back on today's events as they unfolded.
2022 Holiday Movie Guide: Every New Christmas Movie on Netflix, Hallmark, and More | Decider Decider Decider Search Submit Twitter Twitter Facebook Powered by WordPress.com VIP Close
There are over 150 new holiday movies debuting on streaming and cable in 2022. Here's your guide to all of the Christmas movies premiering this holiday season.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from West Townsend, Massachusetts
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.