Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Western Grove, Arkansas? Contact your local utility company.
Five to seven inches of snow coupled with winds gusting as high as 55 mph could make for very difficult travel on Interstate 80 between Laramie and Cheyenne Thursday.
Chief Meteorologist Darby Bybee said the outages are in the areas that saw the most snow come down Monday.
SWEPCO is reporting outages in Fayetteville, Greenland, West Fork and Prairie Grove.
Electric service to one of downtown Binghamton's tallest buildings was knocked out following a reported transformer explosion.
80,000 customers were knocked out before crews started re-routing power to substations in Morris and Sussex counties.
Power was reported still out to hundreds of NYSEG customers in Chenango County and Tioga County early August 5.
Two transformer fires near Green Hill High School caused power outages for residents for about an hour Friday afternoon.
SPRINGFIELD, Mo. — Nearly 2,000 residents are waking up in the dark this morning due to power outages around the city. City Utility map is showing the outage is impacting customers west of 65 and Chestnut Expressway moving west to National Ave.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.