Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Westminster, California? Contact your local utility company.
Retro Row Power Outage From Explosion + Fire Chief Espino Retires - Long Beach, CA - The quickest way to get caught up on the most important things happening today in Long Beach.
Power Out On East Spring St. + Nonstop Flights To Nashville Start - Long Beach, CA - The quickest way to get caught up on the most important things happening today in Long Beach.
A snowfall warning that went into effect Saturday for Metro Vancouver has ended, though the region will get some wet flurries over higher terrain through Sunday evening. Meanwhile, most residents who lost power during Friday’s windstorm have the lights back on. B.C. Hydro said early Sunday 98 per cent of the 330,000 customers on B.C.’s South Coast who were impacted have had their power restored. “Crews have been working around the clock to...
Crews have restored power to more than 320,000 households on Vancouver Island, the Gulf Islands, the Sunshine Coast and the Lower Mainland, which lost electricity Friday night as a windstorm pounded southwest B.C.
Icy roads, power outages, closed schools and businesses; winter storm settles over region | Local News | benningtonbanner.com
BENNINGTON — Schools closed throughout Vermont on Friday, state offices opened two hours late, downed lines knocked out power to thousands of homes and businesses, and cars and pedestrians faced
High winds topple trees onto homes, cars, keep roaring through Southern California on Saturday – Orange County Register
Strong winds topple trees, cut power to thousands of customers and ruin some Thanksgiving feasts – Orange County Register
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Westminster, California
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
|Zip Codes||92683, 92684, 92685|