Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Whitehouse, Texas? Contact your local utility company.
Henderson ISD moves middle school students to high school due to power outages Open Navigation Close Navigation
The City of Henderson released a statement Wednesday notifying residents of power outages across several city blocks.
Squirrels: How often do they cause power outages? | KETK.com | FOX51.com Open Navigation Close Navigation
More than 10,000 Virginians lost power Wednesday in Virginia Beach after a squirrel got into a substation.
Power outage at Austin airport leads to flight delays Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
An early morning power outage Wednesday at Austin-Bergstrom International Airport caused flight delays that continued even after electricity was restored.
TYLER, Texas (KETK) - Recent storms left 1,693 without power in the East Texas area on Tuesday as of 8 a.m.
More than 3,400 East Texans are without power after some rain moved through the area on Tuesday.
Vehicle hits power poles on Hwy 110 south of Whitehouse, causing grass fire, power outage Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
The fire crews responded and had to shut down through traffic in both directions while they awaited Oncor’s arrival.
SMITH COUNTY, Texas (KETK) - Almost 800 people are without power Thursday in Smith County.
WOOD COUNTY, Texas (KETK) — Wood County Electric Co-Op has announced that they will be conducting a planned power outage on Wednesday.
The Tyler Morning Telegraph team is providing live updates about the weather forecast, county road and city street closures, storm damage reports including photos and other news after Tuesday night's
Road closures, power outages and more issues in wake of Tuesday storm in East Texas Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
A tornado warning was issued for portions of Smith, Upshur, and Wood counties until 8:45 p.m. on Tuesday.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Whitehouse, Texas
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.