Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Wichita, Kansas? Contact your local utility company.
Stacker investigated industries with the most workplace injuries in Kansas using data from OSHA.
On the night of Nov. 17, electrical crews will perform scheduled maintenance at the El Paso substation in Mulvane. Due to that work, businesses and residents in Mulvane may experience
Power back on in W. Wichita after large outage Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
A large section of west Wichita from 21st and Ridge road is without power.
Power outage at Austin airport leads to flight delays Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
An early morning power outage Wednesday at Austin-Bergstrom International Airport caused flight delays that continued even after electricity was restored.
Barton County and other parts of central Kansas were under a hazardous weather outlook Thursday evening when a storm hit Great Bend, knocking out the power and dumping enough rain to flood portions of streets starting around 7:20 p.m.
Power outage impacts nearly 2,000 customers in Valley Center area Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
A cause has not been determined, but a crew is on the way to investigate.
Dole VA Medical Center fully operational after power outage Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
Areas of the facility remained on emergency power until shortly after 7 a.m. Wednesday.
Electricity shortage projected in Texas as highs reach 113 degrees - The Washington Post The Washington Post Comment on this story ArrowRight GiftOutline Loading... Refresh
The Electric Reliability Council of Texas projects record-high demand as temperatures skyrocket.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Wichita, Kansas
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
|Zip Codes||67201, 67202, 67203, 67204, 67205, 67206, 67207, 67208, 67209, 67210|