Did you lose power?
Five to seven inches of snow coupled with winds gusting as high as 55 mph could make for very difficult travel on Interstate 80 between Laramie and Cheyenne Thursday.
Patriots Point closed due to power outage following severe weather | WCBD News 2 Open Navigation Close Navigation
UPDATE: Officials say power at the USS Yorktown has been restored. The Patriots Point museum and recreational areas will resume normal business hours on Sunday. — MOUNT PLEASANT, S.C. (WCBD) – The museum at Patriots Point is closed Saturday due to a power outage following Hurricane Ian. Business across the lowcountry are without power Saturday […]
Remnants of Ian dumps rain on region, localized flooding and road closures reported in Suffolk - The Suffolk News-Herald | The Suffolk News-Herald
South Carolina energy companies are preparing for outages during storm Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
South Carolina energy providers are preparing for potential outages during Ian.
Stormy Saturday leads to waterspout on Pawleys Island, power outage and tornado warning in Horry County | WBTW Open Navigation Close Navigation
MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. (WBTW) — A storm that moved across the Grand Strand Saturday morning knocked out power to about 950 Horry Electric customers in the Garden City area, produced a tornado warning in the Little River area, dumped lots of rain and even resulted in a waterspout on Pawleys Island. Horry Electric Cooperative’s online […]
Power outage at Austin airport leads to flight delays Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
An early morning power outage Wednesday at Austin-Bergstrom International Airport caused flight delays that continued even after electricity was restored.
It was a slick afternoon commute for many drivers Tuesday night as storms rumbled through the D.C. region. Here’s what you need to know.
Franklin L. Maccune, age 41, of Centerview, fled in the vehicle and failed to yield to emergency vehicles.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Williamsburg, Virginia
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
|Zip Codes||23185, 23186, 23187, 23188|