Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Williston, South Carolina? Contact your local utility company.
Williston Power Outages Caused by Weather
Power out for more than 10,000, and is likely to remain out multiple days for some | Public Safety | willistonherald.com
Power is out all over the region in Williams, McKenzie and Richland county Montana. The wind knocked multiple utility poles down overnight Saturday, April 23, leaving more than 10,000 homes
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Williston, South Carolina
|State||South Carolina (SC)|