Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Willow Street, Pennsylvania? Contact your local utility company.
Number of power outages near Pony Pasture reduced to 10 | WRIC ABC 8News Open Navigation Close Navigation
According to Dominion Energy, the outage is concentrated in the Willow Oaks and Westlake Hills neighborhoods, just south of Pony Pasture. An estimated 1849 households in the area are currently without power.
West Penn Power Co. plans to spend about $47 million to trim trees that could impact power lines and other measures to control vegetation in Allegheny, Armstrong, Fayette, Westmoreland and 14 other counties in the state. “We trim and remove trees to help minimize power outages, particularly during severe weather,”
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Willow Street, Pennsylvania
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Willow Street, Pennsylvania