Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Windermere, Florida? Contact your local utility company.
Ian’s strength at landfall tied it for the fifth-strongest hurricane when measured by wind speed to strike the U.S. Ian weakened into a strong tropical storm by the time it made it to the Orlando area, but Central Florida still experienced hurricane-force wind gusts.
Duke Energy continues power restoration efforts | West Orange Times & Observer | West Orange Times & Windermere Observer
The company said it should have 90% of its customers restored by Sunday night.
Hurricane Ian updates: Gov. Ron DeSantis will give an update on the efforts made in the wake of Hurricane Ian’s devastation in Florida from the state Emergency Operations Center in Tallahassee on Friday morning.
As Hurricane Ian strengthens and quickly approaches Florida, Verizon’s network Emergency Operations Center is actively monitoring our network.
People living in a community in Windermere say they can't sleep some nights, with loud cars racing down their streets and screeching their tires.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Windermere, Florida
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.