Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Winnsboro, Texas? Contact your local utility company.
Winnsboro Power Outages Caused by Weather
TYLER, Texas (KETK) - Tens of thousands of East Texans are without power as severe storms are impacting the area Tuesday morning.
Large power outage affecting several East Texas counties Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
Several East Texas counties are being affected by a large power outage.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Winnsboro, Texas
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.