Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Winter Beach, Florida? Contact your local utility company.
After talking about it all week long, the remnants of Hurricane Nicole will make its way through South Jersey on its ride up the East Coast.
An excerpt from the AARP Disaster Resilience Tool Kit, a guide for how local leaders can reduce risks and better protect older adults
Hurricane Ian: More than a week after the storm, Florida residents face life without water, electricity, and in many cases, their homes | CNN Close icon
Residents in southwestern Florida have been bearing the brunt of Hurricane Ian, and frustration with the government response is beginning to set in a little more than a week since the storm slammed into the state.
How much damage was done in Florida during Hurricane Ian? How many people were killed during Hurricane Ian?
Over a week after Hurricane Ian, Florida residents face life without water, electricity, and in many cases, their homes | Hurricane Season | local3news.com
The damage is also keeping many schools closed across hard-hit areas.
Crews from 30 states have converged on Southwest Florida to restore power after Hurricane Ian devastated the area. The work is precise and dangerous.
Greensboro neighborhood dealing with power outages after storm | FOX8 WGHP Open Navigation Close Navigation Close Modal
GREENSBORO, N.C. (WGHP) — Some people living in the Hamilton Forest neighborhood in Greensboro were without electricity and running water for nearly 72 hours. Around two dozen Duke Energy lineworkers restored the power in the community Monday afternoon. “We lose power very quickly, and it takes a while to get it back,” said Richard Ranieri, […]
In total, the Triangle saw nearly 24 straight hours of rain and heavy winds, according to the CBS 17 Storm Team.
Noon update: Dominion Energy is reporting 25,946 customers without power in Virginia as of midday Saturday.
Central Florida residents will be spending the weekend cleaning up debris left behind by Hurricane Ian. The storm left catastrophic flooding in several communities and downed trees and limbs in others.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Winter Beach, Florida
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Winter Beach, Florida