Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Winter Garden, Florida? Contact your local utility company.
After talking about it all week long, the remnants of Hurricane Nicole will make its way through South Jersey on its ride up the East Coast.
Second Harvest Food Bank and The Islamic Society of Central Florida teamed up to distribute food to those in Orlo Vista and surrounding areas hit hard by Hurricane Ian.
Noon update: Dominion Energy is reporting 25,946 customers without power in Virginia as of midday Saturday.
Hurricane Ian updates: Gov. Ron DeSantis will give an update on the efforts made in the wake of Hurricane Ian’s devastation in Florida from the state Emergency Operations Center in Tallahassee on Friday morning.
Hurricane Ian made landfall in South Carolina as a Category 1 storm Friday afternoon, after causing devastating flooding and damage across parts of Florida.
St. Simons Island - Friday in coastal Georgia was a day of cleanup for some and feeling thankful for many.
No power? Here's how long your food is safe to eat | West Orange Times & Observer | West Orange Times & Windermere Observer
UF/IFAS food safety experts Keith Schneider shares tips for handling and storing food and water during and after a power outage.
Power outage shuts down Pleasant Prairie Police phone lines; department looks into future prevention
The Pleasant Prairie Police Department is meeting with village leadership after a power outage shut down the department’s non-emergency lines for several hours Sunday evening, Sept. 25, during a severe
News, information, and updates on theme park operations at Walt Disney World, Universal Orlando, SeaWorld Orlando, Legoland Florida, Busch Gardens Tampa Bay, ahead of Hurricane Ian.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Winter Garden, Florida
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Winter Garden, Florida
|Zip Codes||34777, 34778, 34787|