Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Woodstown, New Jersey? Contact your local utility company.
Friday’s credit card outage shows how vulnerable NJ is
Ever feel we are sometimes too reliant on technology?
NJ congressman demands answers from JCP&L about multiple outages
Congressman Frank Pallone has sent a letter to the president of Jersey Central Power & Light, demanding that the utility offer detailed explanations about outages that affected his district on Jan. 17, 21 and 26.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Woodstown, New Jersey
@Route_40 I have friend in Brigantine an Hammonton who have had power outages already
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Report power outage in other New Jersey cities.
Woodstown, New Jersey
|State||New Jersey (NJ)|
Power has been out for over an hour now on old Salem road by matteos as of 3:36am April 8 2020 . Street lights are out as well