Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Worcester, Massachusetts? Contact your local utility company.
Worcester Power Outages Caused by Weather
Heavy rain and wind are expected in Massachusetts Friday.
The electrical powerhouse will rely on a natural gas turbine to produce electricity, which will be distributed across the campus.
Power surges are blowing out transformers and taking out electronics across the city of Waltham, city fire and police departments confirmed Saturday afternoon, sparking fires and a slew of emergency calls.
Power outages overnight affect thousands of Westhampton, Easthampton homes | WWLP Open Navigation Close Navigation
Homes in East and Westampton were without power last night due to the weather.
A power outage didn’t prevent Westwood from posting a lights-out Tri-Valley League ‘road’ win vs. Medfield - The Boston Globe email Email to a Friend Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Print this Article View Comments Email to a Friend Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Print this Article View Comments
When Medfield's home stadium went dark, the second half of the game was relocated six miles away to Westwood, where the Wolverines scored a 21-6 TVL road win on their home turf.
Florida Power & Light, which had nearly 1 million customers without power Friday, said parts of its grid needed to be "rebuilt — not restored."
A squirrel in a substation caused a power outage for over 10,000 Virginians – Boston News, Weather, Sports | WHDH 7News
The DWP said the estimated time for crews to respond to an outage is 12 to 24 hours from when it began.
Storms move out of region, leaving little damage behind - The Boston Globe email Email to a Friend Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Print this Article View Comments Email to a Friend Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Print this Article View Comments
The National Weather Service issued flood watches for parts of both states in the morning but canceled them in the afternoon.
California was in a state of emergency Thursday as a brutal heat wave brought the threat of power outages and wildfires.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Worcester, Massachusetts
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
|Zip Codes||01601, 01602, 01603, 01604, 01605, 01606, 01607, 01608, 01609, 01610|