Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in York Haven, Pennsylvania? Contact your local utility company.
Acting Secretary of State Leigh Chapman reported the biggest disruption in the midterm elections was a paper shortage at Luzerne County polling places that prevented voters from voting, which is why the court ordered polling places to remain open an extra two hours.
Voting goes mostly smoothly on Election Day as baseless fraud claims swirl | CNN Politics Close icon Politics
State and local elections officials said Tuesday's voting in the midterm elections went smoothly overall, with a few isolated problems reported, including in the key swing state of Arizona where issues with voting machines sparked baseless claims about fraud.
Electricity outages in Pa. could become more common due to severe weather Open Navigation Close Navigation
A new report from the Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission reveals a surprising thing. There were a record number of "reportable power outage events" during 20-21.
A crash in Lancaster County has caused over 1,000 residents to lose power, as well as caused electrical damage to homes on Saturday, Oct. 1.
Pa. Utility Commission gives safety tips as Hurricane Ian remnants approach state Open Navigation Close Navigation
The Pennsylvania Utility Commission (PUC) is reminding residents of the dangers of downed power lines and trees as the remnants of Hurricane Ian approach the state this upcoming weekend.
Many residents of Endicott will be without power for part of the afternoon.
Storm causes traffic delays, crashes, power outages for thousands | WRIC ABC 8News Open Navigation Close Navigation
An evening storm Sunday night with strong winds caused problems on area roads for drivers and also residents at home.
Climate change in Pa.: More storm-driven power outages possible, analysis says | StateImpact Pennsylvania search search
The National Weather Service office in Binghamton is advising that some rocky weather could be in store for the final official days of summer.
Customers are currently reporting power outages in Elmira, according to NYSEG's outage map.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from York Haven, Pennsylvania
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
York Haven, Pennsylvania