Did you lose power?
According to the Honolulu Police Department, Wilikio Street will be closed all night due to electrical work.
Nearly 1000 HECO customers are affected by power outage between Kakaako, Waikiki | KHON2 Open Navigation Close Navigation
Over 950 HECO customers in total were without power near Ala Moana, Kakaako, McCully, Moiliili and Waikiki.
HONOLULU (KHON2) — On Tuesday, Hawaiian Electric’s (HE) outage map reported 2632 Ewa Beach residents living on or near Fort Weaver Road are affected by a power outage that happened around 3:30 a.m. The communities most impacted by the power outage include Ewa Beach and Honouliuli. HECO Tweeted around 9:08 a.m. and said the outage […]
Portions of Pearlridge Center Mauka were temporarily closed on Monday, Dec. 13, due to a power outage that impacted the in-line tenants between those on the first and second levels.
Widespread outages hit Pearl City, Aiea, Waikele Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
Power out in Central Oahu
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Aiea, Hawaii
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.