Did you lose power?
There are a range of statewide and local races to vote on, depending on where you live in the region --- though many have already voted thanks to early voting and mail-in ballots.
COPENHAGEN, Denmark (AP) — A power outage briefly hit the Danish Baltic Sea island of Bornholm Monday. Authorities initially said that an underwater cable from…
Cleanup from the devastation of Hurricane Ian continued across the Carolinas this weekend following its landfall as a Category 1 storm on the South Carolina coast Friday. In the aftermath, North Carolina Gov. Roy Cooper stressed caution during the recovery process after storm-related incidents claimed the lives of four people. Two men were killed in separate incidents in Johnston County. A 25-year-old man died Friday when he lost control of his vehicle and hydroplaned, striking another vehicle,
HAVANA (AP) — The widespread power outage caused by Hurricane Ian prompted several hundred people to protest in Havana, and a monitoring group said the island'
Thousands of art lovers will have to set aside their plans this weekend, as Del Ray's annual Art On The Avenue has been postponed due to Tropical Storm Ian. Ian battered Florida with intensity that is now petering out and working its way up the East Coast. For Alexandria, there is 70% likelihood of rain
You may be wondering why your night was whisk away to darkness, it might have something to do with a pointed snout and a long tail.
A man was killed on the Georgetown Pike in Fairfax County, Virginia, Monday afternoon.
MSNBC, CNN give straight news on California grid issues after panning Texas over winter blackout | Fox News
Media outlets that mocked and criticized Texas over the 2021 winter storm that caused crippling blackouts are playing the news straight with California.
Commuters on Metrorail saw a brief delay to the start of their weekend due to a power problem on the Green Line. Here’s what you need to know.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Alexandria, Virginia
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
|Zip Codes||22301, 22302, 22303, 22304, 22305, 22306, 22307, 22308, 22309, 22310|