Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Anderson, Indiana? Contact your local utility company.
Anderson Power Outages Caused by Weather
The bulk of Indiana's outages were held by Duke Energy, which services the majority of the state - unlike I&M Power and AES.
TRAFFIC ALERT: Accident in Warrick Co. causes small power outage | Eyewitness News (WEHT/WTVW) Open Navigation Close Navigation
WARRICK Co. (WEHT) — A dump truck hit a utility pole early Friday morning in Warrick County causing a small power outage to nearby customers. According to dispatch, shortly before 6:30 a.m. a dump truck hit a utility pole and power lines in the area of Vann Road at Anderson Road. Multiple crews have responded […]
80,000 customers were knocked out before crews started re-routing power to substations in Morris and Sussex counties.
Power back on for most customers after large outage early Monday in southeast Topeka Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
A large power outage affecting nearly 2,000 Evergy customers was reported early Monday in southeast Topeka.
Storm Track 8 blog: Storm watches south of Indianapolis - WISH-TV | Indianapolis News | Indiana Weather | Indiana Traffic Facebook Twitter YouTube
Update: Power restored to most of downtown Logansport | News | pharostribune.com The Goshen News Intranet
UPDATE: Power was restored to downtown at about 11:35 a.m.
Hurricane Harbor and Wild Safari are operating as scheduled, according to a Six Flags spokeswoman.
A report from the North American Electric Reliability Corporation indicates parts of the country, including Indiana, are at a high risk of overloading the region's electrical grid. The report follows
A power outage is impacting over 8,000 people in sections of West Knoxville.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Anderson, Indiana
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
|Zip Codes||46011, 46012, 46013, 46014, 46015, 46016, 46017, 46018|