Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Antelope, Montana? Contact your local utility company.
Another 2,500 customers are out in Somerset County.
Kenneth Saal is awaiting trial for murder in the 2019 lunch break death of Carolyn Byington of Plainsboro. Now, authorities say he tried to hire another man to carry out another killing.
Police: Car hits SUV, sending it into NJ restaurant, hurting 3 loading... loading... loading... loading...
The crash early Wednesday in Hawthorne sent both drivers and one passenger for treatment of injuries, according to Fair Lawn police.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.