Did you lose power?
Much of the Ohio Valley is experiencing power outages from winter storm Landon. Locally, here are the numbers of customers affected for each county Belmont County- 17,007 Brooke County- 2,259 Guernsey County- 4,153 Hancock County- 8,258 Harrison County- 3,354 Jefferson County-8,001 Marshall County-7,235 Monroe County- 1316 Noble County- 2,259 Ohio County- 5,827 Tyler County- 31 […]
NORTHERN MICHIGAN (WPBN/WGTU) -- Several shelters are set up for people dealing with extended power outages. High winds have taken down trees and powerlines across Northern Michigan. Mackinac Bridge partially closed due to high windsConsumers Energy reports it may be Saturday before everyone has power restored. The Mancelona community is banding together to help one another during this time. The commission on aging/Bellaire Senior Center in Bellaire is open and serving food Friday.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Bellaire, Michigan
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.