Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Benson, Minnesota? Contact your local utility company.
U.S. Midterm Elections Updates: Biden, Harris Say Midterms Shows Democracy is 'In Tact'
Control of Congress is still at stake, as votes continue to be counted in key races.
Upper Midwest buried by heavy snow as Chicago sees 1st flakes
Winterlike scenes unfolded across portions of the Upper Midwest Tuesday morning as many residents woke up to fresh powder covering their Halloween decorations. Although parts of Minnesota and northern Wisconsin got their first snowflakes of the season late last week, a stronger blast of cold air brought snowflakes to the Chicagoland area for the first time this season. Over the past 36 hours, snow has quickly piled up in Michigan's Upper Peninsula as well as northern Wisconsin. As snow was windi
Car crash knocks out power to part of Stewartville | News | kimt.com
Hundreds lose electricity Saturday morning.
Power outage near The Mall at Sierra Vista | Local News Stories | myheraldreview.com
SIERRA VISTA — A power outage affecting more than 2,000 customers in the vicinity of The Mall at Sierra Vista shortly after noon Friday, Sept. 2, occurred when a semi-truck
Efforts to restore Rochester power outages continue - Post Bulletin | Rochester Minnesota news, weather, sports
Severe storms Saturday caused widespread outages in Southeast Minnesota.
1 dead, extensive storm damage in western and central Minnesota | MPR News MPR News Twitter Facebook Mail Heart
Wind gusts as high as 94 mph were recorded.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Power out in Whetstone Ranch!