Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Bethany, Connecticut? Contact your local utility company.
See how your town voted on Election Day in Connecticut and get the latest updates as votes continue to be counted.
Control of Congress is still at stake, as votes continue to be counted in key races.
CT Town-By-Town Power Outages: Electricity Restored To Thousands - Across Connecticut, CT - More than 31,000 electric customers were without power at one point Monday afternoon, but the majority of customers got power back.
The nor’easter’s heavy snow is expected to continue through the day on Saturday....
CT Power Outages: Still 90,000 Without Electricity Monday - Across Connecticut, CT - Eversource released town-by-town estimates for when power will be returned to nearly 90,000 Connecticut residents.
CT Power Outages Town-By-Town List - Southbury, CT - Around 9,000 customers are without power across the state Friday evening.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Bethany, Connecticut
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.