Did you lose power?
Boise Power Outages Caused by Weather
The company's goal is to be 100% reliant on so-called clean energy by 2045.
Gonzaga ROTC Team Braves The Elements to Win the Task Force East Ranger Challenge Competition | Gonzaga University
The Gonzaga Black team was put to the test by their fellow cadets, but ultimately triumphed to win the contest by a single point over Washington State University.
Power restored on Danish island; outage was 'local fault' - Local News 8 circle-arrow Play Button Stop Button chevron-right chevron-left chevron-up search warning chevron-left-skinny chevron-right-skinny x clock calendar play-button cancel-circle user twitter facebook youtube instagram email linkedin
Idaho Power Co. has scheduled a maintenance-related power outage in the northern Wood River Valley from 10 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 28, until approximately 6 a.m. the following morning.
They're taking a lot of wattage to create their currency.
The Great California Electricity Blackout that Wasn’t | NRDC Twitter Facebook YouTube instagram RSS Feed Twitter Facebook YouTube instagram RSS Feed
California and its western neighbors closed out the latest historic regional climate emergency after defying repeated predictions of calamitous large-scale power outages. Analogies to “dodging a bullet” don’t do justice to the achievement; the region’s grid operators overcame more than...
High temperatures and wildfires have led to a strain on the power grid across the west, leading to Idaho Power asking customers to Lighten The Load and conserve.
80,000 customers were knocked out before crews started re-routing power to substations in Morris and Sussex counties.
Planned Power Outage for Colton, Uniontown, Genesee and Surrounding Area set for Aug. 11 | Idaho | bigcountrynewsconnection.com
COLTON - Approximately 1,314 Avista electric customers in Colton, Uniontown, and Genesee will experience a planned power outage on Thursday, Aug 11. The planned outage will begin at 10:00 p.m.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Boise, Idaho
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
|Zip Codes||83701, 83702, 83703, 83704, 83705, 83706, 83707, 83708, 83709, 83711|