Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Cascade, Virginia? Contact your local utility company.
Potentially hazardous conditions at Lake Cascade and Payette River | News | argusobserver.com
BOISE –– The Idaho Department of Health and Welfare (DHW) Division of Public Health and the Idaho Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) are notifying the public of potentially hazardous conditions
A squirrel in a substation caused a power outage for over 10,000 Virginians - KTVZ circle-arrow Play Button Stop Button chevron-right chevron-left chevron-up search warning chevron-left-skinny chevron-right-skinny x clock calendar play-button cancel-circle user twitter facebook youtube instagram email linkedin
Sussex County and Morris County power outage after I-80 accident
80,000 customers were knocked out before crews started re-routing power to substations in Morris and Sussex counties.
Grid monitor warns of U.S. blackouts in 'sobering report' - E&E News
In a new assessment, the North American Electric Reliability Corp. described regions of the country pushed closer to energy emergencies because of climate
Salem power outage affects thousands, causes early release at school
Schirle Elementary is experiencing a significant outage impacting phone and internet connectivity as well as lighting throughout the building.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Cascade, Virginia
@JajaPhD Reminds me of when I had to endure almost 3 days of power outage and almost a full day of no water supply… https://t.co/XBOTTWuoXl
32 minutes until kickoff here at Northern Guilford and there has been a power outage. Should be back on in the next… https://t.co/gxpAyl9XCH
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Report power outage in other Virginia cities.
Power outage Cascade 83611
How long before power is restored