Power Outage in Catoosa, OK
Power Outage Reports
By Zip Code
Public Service Co of Oklahoma 2
Reports from Catoosa, OK
Catoosa, OK ZIP Codes
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
Outage Safety Tips
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas.
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life.
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors.
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Other Cities in New York State