Did you lose power?
Crash Causes Home Evacuations, Extended Power Outage In Vienna - Vienna, VA - Homes on two affected streets were evacuated as a precaution due to live, downed wires.
343K In VA Remain Without Power Due To Winter Storm: Updated - Reston, VA - Monday morning's winter storm brought high winds and heavy snow to Northern Virginia, knocking down power lines across the region.
Dominion Energy reports power outage in part of Northern Virginia - The Washington Post The Washington Post Comment on this story ArrowRight GiftOutline Loading... Refresh
Dominion Energy said the outages were affecting customers in the Sully Station, Chantilly, Fair Lakes, Lees Corner and Centreville areas.
Thousands of people were without power early Tuesday morning.
Virginia Nor'Easter Alert: Updates, Wind Gusts, Power Outages - Reston, VA - Massive reports of downed trees are just the start of one of the strongest wind events in the region in a long time.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Chantilly, Virginia
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.