Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Clearfield, Utah? Contact your local utility company.
A car hit a power pole in Clearfield, making the road close and power out for hours.
UPDATE (7:30 a. m. ) -- Several customers have had power restored as of 7:30 a. m. RMP's updated outage map shows approximately 2,600 people still without power. Several calls of power outages have been reported across Utah with the majority of customers without power centered in the North Salt Lake and Bountiful area. Rocky Mountain Power said over 6,300 customers are currently without power as of 6:30 a. m. Crews said they've reported several pole fires across the area.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Clearfield, Utah
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
|Zip Codes||84015, 84016, 84089|