Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Cripple Creek, Colorado? Contact your local utility company.
Cripple Creek Power Outages Caused by Weather
It's unbelievable': 1,000 rescued as Hurricane Fiona cripples Puerto Rico with flooding and power outages and slams the Dominican Republic
Rescuers are scrambling to save flooding victims in Puerto Rico after Hurricane Fiona wiped out power to most of the island before crashing into the Dominican Republic.
A man has been arrested after reportedly causing a crash and power outage Monday morning, Colorado Springs police said.
A late season winter-snowstorm rocked the Centennial State, dropped up to 16 inches of snow in some parts of the Pikes Peak region. Read the latest here.
Power outages from severe weather have doubled over the past two decades across the U.S., as a warming climate stirs more destructive storms that cripple
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Cripple Creek, Colorado
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Cripple Creek, Colorado