Did you lose power?
Power Outages, Widespread Tree Damage In Bowie, PG County From Storms - Bowie, MD - Widespread power outages, downed trees and flooded streets were reported after a storm hit the area Tuesday. The Baysox game has been moved.
Tornado Takes Down Trees In Bowie, Twister Confirmed By NWS - Bowie, MD - The National Weather Service said a tornado was seen in Bowie Tuesday that knocked downed trees and power lines.
Anne Arundel Power Outages: Latest Updates - Anne Arundel, MD - Tropical Storm Isaias hit Anne Arundel County Tuesday, leaving thousands without power. Thousands still didn't have power by nightfall.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Crofton, Maryland
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.