Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Dawson, Texas? Contact your local utility company.
Navarro County Electric Cooperative
Report an Outage(903) 874-7411
Report an Outage(888) 313-4747 Report Online
View Outage MapOutage Map
Pearland and Dawson football rivalry returns to The Rig as they battle for hometown bragging rights
Pearland High School and Dawson High School go head-to-head at The Rig for Pear Bowl.
Oct 10, 2022
Winter storm: Ice, power outages hit Texas, Arkansas, Tennessee - The Washington Post The Washington Post Comment on this story Wp ArrowRight GiftOutline Loading... Refresh
An ice and snow storm that hit areas from Texas to Ohio will shift to the Northeast on Friday.
Feb 3, 2022
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Dawson, Texas
@ohpleezzzz @ALaFramboise17 @FogCityMidge @lsferguson Right?! I get it- it’s nothing compared to several feet. Some… https://t.co/8YSktt2ZOR
@Sunny_Texan | 09:01 PM - 10 Jan 2021
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.