Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Fort Smith, Arkansas? Contact your local utility company.
With winter weather in the forecast across Northwest Arkansas and the River Valley, closings are expected. 5NEWS has a list compiled of reported closings.
As storms swept the state Friday night, rescue crews in Northwest Arkansas came to the aid of drivers who were nearly swept away by flood waters.Our content par
Hurricane Ian knocked out power for millions in Florida. CBS News' Lana Zak and Tanya Rivero speak with Melissa Seixas, the Florida state president of Duke Energy, about efforts to restore power.
Linemen and relief workers from Arkansas and Oklahoma are heading to Florida.
At the age of 3, the Smith family found out that their only daughter, Aria, had fibrosis dysplasia osteosarcoma.
More than 10,000 Virginians lost power Wednesday in Virginia Beach after a squirrel got into a substation.
80,000 customers were knocked out before crews started re-routing power to substations in Morris and Sussex counties.
As of 12:20 Saturday afternoon, Carroll Electric reported 79 customers without power in Benton County.
US Extreme Heat: Heat in the Pacific Northwest will intensify this week while the Northeast is expected to see relief | CNN Close icon
After searing heat suffocated large swaths of the US this weekend, the next few days are expected to bring more moderate temperatures to areas of the Northeast, while scorching weather in the Pacific Northwest will intensify.
Customers without power in Roland, crews restoring electricity in wake of storms
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Fort Smith, Arkansas
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.