Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Frostburg, Maryland? Contact your local utility company.
Frostburg Power Outages Caused by Weather
The university will develop a clean energy microgrid with solar arrays, thermal storage and advanced heat-exchange systems to power a community emergency shelter and mitigate the impact of power outages.
Northeast winter storm dumps up to a foot of snow, snarls travel - The Washington Post The Washington Post Comment on this story Wp ArrowRight GiftOutline Loading... Refresh
Binghamton, N.Y. set an April two-day snowfall record with over 14 inches
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Frostburg, Maryland
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.