Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Fulton, Maryland? Contact your local utility company.
This recently opened mini-golf course was designed to be a visceral, intricately detailed experience that transports guests to a wholly unexpected location.
The battle for the Senate is coming down to a handful of unresolved races, as Georgia's contest heads to a runoff.
Control of Congress is still at stake, as votes continue to be counted in key races.
Widespread outages continue through Wednesday after storms blew through central Ohio
Heavy snow has caused power outages across upstate New York and left tens of thousands in the dark.
The National Weather Service is forecasting more wind Saturday, and potential squalls, as some Tri-State area residents remain without power.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Fulton, Maryland
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.