Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Green River, Wyoming? Contact your local utility company.
UPDATE (1:23 p.m. on July 25, 2022): Andrew Testa, Corporate Communications with Verizon, has provided 13 News with a statement regarding service outages in the region. “A third-party fiber cut due to yesterday’s storms caused a service interruption for some customers in parts of the area yesterday,” Testa said. “Our engineers worked with our vendor […]
Lake Powell fell below 3,525 feet in elevation for the first time since the reservoir filled. Further declines would threaten power production.
BEAVER, WV (WVNS) — According to American Electric Power, a power outage in the Beaver, WV, area has been reported starting at 2:58 p.m. AEP’s outage map shows that over 1,047 customers in the area have a power outage. Areas including Beaver and Grandview have been affected. The Beaver stoplight is currently out according to […]
Appalachian Power reports multiple power outages across Tazewell County Open Navigation Close Navigation
TAZEWELL, VA (WVNS) — According to Appalachian Power, multiple outages are being reported across different parts of Tazewell County. As of 3:45 p.m., The Appalachian Power outage map showed five outage cases in Tazewell, VA. Appalachian Power said these outages are affecting over 2,000 customers. These outages include the Carillion Tazewell Community Hospital. Phil Moye, […]
The outages come as Casper's still-green trees are laden with snow from a winter storm that's moving through Wyoming.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Green River, Wyoming
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Green River, Wyoming