Did you lose power?
This recently opened mini-golf course was designed to be a visceral, intricately detailed experience that transports guests to a wholly unexpected location.
Ian causes flooding, downed trees, power outages across the Carolinas Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
In addition to power lines, downed trees also took their toll, including on people’s property.
Similar to everyone else, local fire and rescue crews are keeping up with the National Weather Service for updates on a possible storm headed toward the Commonwealth.
Sgt. Busted For Selling Fentanyl + Power Outage Downtown + Free ?? - Austin, TX - The quickest way to get caught up on the most important things happening today in Austin.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Greenway, Virginia
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.