Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Grimsley, Tennessee? Contact your local utility company.
No news found.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Grimsley, Tennessee
Well this old gal is off here for the night..We had a power outage that hit at a little after 5pm Central time and… https://t.co/HE9uwv9jC3
Glenn Beck: How to prepare YOUR family for coming electrical BLACKOUTS https://t.co/Qb0ZueUH8o
@FatKidDeals Any deals on generators with all the power outages?
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Report power outage in other Tennessee cities.