Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Hanalei, Hawaii? Contact your local utility company.
Does Massachusetts Make The List For Best Winter Destinations?
I think it would. Lord knows there's plenty to do whether you want to dine, shop, or sleep. Or do all three!
Will The Mall Be Used For Growing Marijauna? There's A Meeting
Tonight is the night and it could be a very interesting evening for folks in Lanesborough and the surrounding area.
Sussex County and Morris County power outage after I-80 accident
80,000 customers were knocked out before crews started re-routing power to substations in Morris and Sussex counties.
Hot Night Without Power for Some NYSEG Customers loading...
Power was reported still out to hundreds of NYSEG customers in Chenango County and Tioga County early August 5.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Hanalei, Hawaii
For updates on the island wide power outage on Kauai download the free specialty app ‘KONG 93.5’ Ron Wiley is in th… https://t.co/FmVQLsXnXO
Anyone have info on the power outage on Kauai's north coast???
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Report power outage in other Hawaii cities.