Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Hardy, Arkansas? Contact your local utility company.
All remaining departures from Little Rock airport canceled Wednesday
All remaining departures from Clinton National Airport have been canceled Wednesday, according to a tweet from the airport. Some Wednesday arrivals are still scheduled, spokesman Shane Carter said.
Freezing rain expected in Arkansas Wednesday and Thursday, forecasters say
A winter storm will bring periods of freezing rain to northern and west Central Arkansas Wednesday and Thursday, according to an update from the National Weather Service in North Little Rock late Tuesday afternoon.
UPDATE: Outages could last until Sunday, Mon Power says Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
Mon Power tells 5 News some power outages could last until Sunday afternoon.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Report power outage in other Arkansas cities.
Powers is out on Hwy 63 N Hardy Arkansas
Power went out round 12:30