Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Jacksonville, North Carolina? Contact your local utility company.
Jacksonville Power Outages Caused by Weather
Pomerelle Ski Resort has announced that they can start the season early.
Nearly a week after Hurricane Ian smashed into Florida and carved a path of destruction that reached into the Carolinas, hundreds of thousands of Florida
Hurricane Ian updates: Gov. Ron DeSantis will give an update on the efforts made in the wake of Hurricane Ian’s devastation in Florida from the state Emergency Operations Center in Tallahassee on Friday morning.
Power outages, vehicle crashes in Onslow County as Ian approaches Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
With this much rain, Onslow County first responders have been busy dealing with vehicle crashes.
Free Wi-Fi hotspots available amidst power outages, some UNF services to resume after Ian – UNF Spinnaker
Comcast announced yesterday that its public Xfinity Wi-Fi hotspots are open to everyone in Florida — even people who are not subscribers — in the wake of over 2.6 million Florida homes being without power due to Hurricane Ian, according to poweroutage.us. The over 200,000 Xfinity Wi-Fi hotspots are usually located in public places such...
Hurricane Ian left a trail of damage across Volusia County. Here are important local updates.
Lee and Charlotte are basically off the grid,' DeSantis says in grim update on Ian | WUSF Public Media
Gov, Ron DeSantis warned that flooding is likely to occur “hundreds of miles" from where the storm made landfall in Southwest Florida, with the potential for record-setting flooding in what he characterized as a “500-year flood event.”
Hurricane Ian updates from Duval, St Johns, Clay and Nassau counties. Includes latest closings, evacuations, warnings and forecasts.
A map showing the storm’s path as it continues inland after making landfall in South Carolina.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Jacksonville, North Carolina
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Jacksonville, North Carolina
|State||North Carolina (NC)|
|Zip Codes||28540, 28541, 28546|