Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Kansas City, Kansas? Contact your local utility company.
Kansas City Power Outages Caused by Weather
A brief power outage was reported at the First Baptist Church, a Kansas City polling site. Other election officials have reported minor issues.
Update: I-70 reopened after truck hits pole, causes power outage in Topeka Open Navigation Close Navigation
TOPEKA (KSNT) - A power outage has been reported for an area of Northwest Topeka by Evergy.
GM will soon offer the Chevy Silverado EV with bi-directional charging
SMSD elementary without power, generators keep class in session Open Navigation Close Navigation Close Modal
Briarwood Elementary School is working to restore power in the building, but in the meantime, will continue to have class.
AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon relief effort following Hurricane Ian Open Navigation Close Navigation Close Modal
AT&T, T-Mobile, and Verizon waive fees and offer unlimited data for victims of Hurricane Ian. Share text to donate to relief efforts info.
Power outage shuts down Pleasant Prairie Police phone lines; department looks into future prevention
The Pleasant Prairie Police Department is meeting with village leadership after a power outage shut down the department’s non-emergency lines for several hours Sunday evening, Sept. 25, during a severe
The outage happened Sunday morning.
Crews responded immediately and most of those customers had service by 6:10 p.m.
Power outage at Austin airport leads to flight delays Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
An early morning power outage Wednesday at Austin-Bergstrom International Airport caused flight delays that continued even after electricity was restored.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Kansas City, Kansas
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Kansas City, Kansas
|Zip Codes||66101, 66102, 66103, 66104, 66105, 66106, 66109, 66110, 66111, 66112|