Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Lititz, Pennsylvania? Contact your local utility company.
Crash left thousands of Manheim Township residents without power over the weekend: police | Local News | lancasteronline.com
Thousands of Manheim Township residents were left without power on Saturday after a car hit a PPL utility pole.
Nearly 400 customers still without power in Lancaster County; storm damage around the county [update] | Local News | lancasteronline.com
UPDATE: As of 8 a.m., 392 PPL customers are still without power.
Snowstorm causes crashes, power outages across Lancaster County; here's how much snow fell | Local News | lancasteronline.com
Editor's note: This story has been updated to reflect correct numbers. Numbers that were previously provided by NWS to LNP were incorrect.
High winds knock out power for thousands in central Pennsylvania
High winds have snapped branches, taken down trees and knocked out power for thousands in central Pennsylvania this morning.
Crash in Dallastown causes power outage | fox43.com
Around 2 a.m. on Oct. 25, a vehicle crashed into a pole with a transformer in York County, causing a power outage.
Crash brings down utility pole, causes power outages in Ephrata area | Local News | lancasteronline.com
Hundreds were without power in the Ephrata area after a tractor-trailer struck utility wires Friday afternoon, pulling down a pole.
Thousands without power across Central Pennsylvania | fox43.com
CENTRAL PENNSYLVANIA– UPDATE (Noon): The number of power outages across Central Pennsylvania, as of noon: PPL Cumberland County: 718 Dauphin County: 1,169...
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Lititz, Pennsylvania
@JohnCornyn @HoustonChron #Texas also leads the way in deaths due to power outages caused by aging infrastructure a… https://t.co/nMxiHueNmM
Nothing adds to the fun of quarantine like a power outage with no estimated end time ?
Our Cloister Office is currently closed due to a power outage. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. P… https://t.co/e1BTiuvoG4
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Report power outage in other Pennsylvania cities.