Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Little Meadows, Pennsylvania? Contact your local utility company.
With new building code, Palo Alto doubles down on electrification | Town Square | Palo Alto Online |
Power briefly shut down for 1,700 Palo Alto Utilities customers in effort to protect state grid | News | Palo Alto Online |
About 1,700 Palo Alto Utilities customers were briefly without power Tuesday evening in response to a state energy emergency alert, which was implemented amid a prolonged heat wave.
The overnight storm pummeled the northern tier with heavy, wet snow bringing down trees and many utility lines.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Little Meadows, Pennsylvania
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Little Meadows, Pennsylvania