Did you lose power?
LYNCHBURG, Va. – The Clemson men’s tennis team got off to a great start on day one of the Liberty Hidden Dual, winning all three doubles matches and securing victories on three singles courts. QUOTE The Tigers are back in action tomorrow morning as they take on Penn State at 9 a.m. for the final day of the Liberty Hidden Dual. For all tournament scores click here. For complete coverage of the Clemson men’s tennis team follow @ClemsonMTennis on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
Liberty University's main campus is without power after an early morning outage.According to LU Alert, the university's campus alert page, at 7:48 a.m. stude
More than 6,000 without power across the region as Ian remnants move through facebook twitter instagram rss
Thousands of Virginia residents were left in the dark on Friday evening following downpours and wind gusts from remnants of Ian.
Appalachian Power prepares for Ian’s effect on Virginia Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
Remnants from the storm could impact parts of the company’s service area starting into the weekend.
Danville prepares for remnants of Hurricane Ian Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
Danville Utilities filled up all of their vehicles with fuel and has extra personnel coming from Ohio Friday to help assist in any power outages.
Power restored to most customers in Christiansburg Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
Montgomery County Public Schools says Auburn Elementary School, Auburn Middle School and Auburn High School will be closed Thursday.
A power outage is causing delays at CVCC for its opening hours Tuesday morning.According to Appalachian Electric, the outage started around 1 a.m.READ MORE: Jen
More than 10,000 residents lost power Wednesday in Virginia Beach after a squirrel got into a substation, according to Dominion Energy. Although power was restored, the squirrel is not believed to have survived after getting into a substation and causing the outage.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Lynchburg, Virginia
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
|Zip Codes||24501, 24502, 24503, 24504, 24505, 24506, 24513, 24514, 24515|