Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Mackay, Idaho? Contact your local utility company.
Mackay Power Outages Caused by Weather
Lodi hit with power outages for second straight day as record-breaking heat wave takes a toll | News | lodinews.com
Lodi residents were without power for several hours Wednesday night after an unexpected equipment failure at the city's industrial substation near Lodi and Guild avenues.
HIGH WIND WARNING: Windstorm expected to blow down trees, cause power outages and reduce visibility throughout East Idaho | Freeaccess | idahostatejournal.com
The National Weather Service has issued a high wind warning for the windstorm that's forecast to continue blowing through East Idaho until Friday night.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.