Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Marquette, Michigan? Contact your local utility company.
Early-season winter storm pounds parts of Great Lakes; snow totals smash record in Marquette, Michigan
A powerful early-season winter storm knocked out power to tens of thousands of people across parts of Michigan's Upper Peninsula and northern Wisconsin and produced sizable snowfall totals that broke records.
Tracking UP power outages during early-season winter storm Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
As of 8:00 a.m. Wednesday, the Marquette BLP says its crews continued to work through the night. All major outages from Tuesday have been restored.
NEGAUNEE —The city of Negaunee has scheduled a power outage on Sunday at 7:30 a.m. The outage will be in the following areas: everything south of U.S. 41 fr
Whitmer executive order aims to help gas supply challenges after BP fire Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
The governor has waived regulations on motor vehicle hours-of-service rules, as the effects of the outage at the Indiana plant are expected to spread across the region and will impact drivers transporting such fuel.
When the Power Goes Out, Who Suffers? Climate Epidemiologists Are Now Trying to Figure That Out - Inside Climate News
Strong to severe storms this afternoon, power outages Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
Windy conditions will follow the stormy day.
Live coverage of severe thunderstorms in Milwaukee, southern Wisconsin, including weather radar, from reporters are Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
BIG BAY, Mich. (WJMN) – Members of the Alger-Delta Cooperative Electric Association will experience a planned power outage later this month. The outage will take place on Monday, June 20 beginning at 8 a.m. and lasting for approximately six hours. Alger-Delta Cooperative Electric Association says the outage will allow crew members to safely perform critical […]
UPDATE: Power has been restored to downtown Marquette Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
The MBLP said the outage is due to a downed powerline on Blaker Street.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Marquette, Michigan
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.