Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Marrero, Louisiana? Contact your local utility company.
Live updates: Storms move through New Orleans, flooding streets and knocking out power | Weather | nola.com
Heavy rainfall in New Orleans East has outpaced drainage pump capacity, S&WB says
A tornado watch is in effect until 9 p.m.
At least one person was killed as a storm damaged homes, knocked out power and prompted a search for residents who may be trapped.
Entergy officials confirm inaccuracy of power outage map, cite 'communications issues' | Hurricane Center | nola.com
Entergy officials confirmed Thursday what many New Orleanians already know: the company's power outage map is useless.
Here’s the latest information on power, curfew, water, and more for Jefferson Parish. Save this link and check back for updates if you live in Jefferson Parish.
90% to have lights before Thursday
Entergy has set estimates for when cities and specific neighborhoods in Southeast Louisiana will have their power restored after Hurricane Zeta.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Marrero, Louisiana
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.