Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in McCall, Idaho? Contact your local utility company.
McCall Power Outages Caused by Weather
Gonzaga ROTC Team Braves The Elements to Win the Task Force East Ranger Challenge Competition | Gonzaga University
The Gonzaga Black team was put to the test by their fellow cadets, but ultimately triumphed to win the contest by a single point over Washington State University.
Two transformer fires near Green Hill High School caused power outages for residents for about an hour Friday afternoon.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from McCall, Idaho
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.