Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Menan, Idaho? Contact your local utility company.
HIGH WIND WARNING: Windstorm expected to blow down trees, cause power outages and reduce visibility throughout East Idaho | Freeaccess | idahostatejournal.com
The National Weather Service has issued a high wind warning for the windstorm that's forecast to continue blowing through East Idaho until Friday night.
Winter storms leave wrecks, power outage and freeway closure in their wake across East Idaho | Freeaccess | idahostatejournal.com
The winter storms that are forecast to barrel through East Idaho all week have already caused several wrecks, a widespread power outage as well as a lengthy freeway closure.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.