Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Minden, Louisiana? Contact your local utility company.
Two Shreveport schools closed on Aug. 23, no power Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
Classes are expected to resume on Wednesday
Sussex County and Morris County power outage after I-80 accident
80,000 customers were knocked out before crews started re-routing power to substations in Morris and Sussex counties.
Road closures, power outages and more issues in wake of Tuesday storm in East Texas Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
A tornado warning was issued for portions of Smith, Upshur, and Wood counties until 8:45 p.m. on Tuesday.
County Road wreck in Minden knocks out power for most of the night | Serving Minden-Gardnerville and Carson Valley
Temporary power power outage set for Wednesday in Minden | News | ktbs.com
MINDEN, La. - The city of Minden will have a planned power outage on Wednesday.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Minden, Louisiana
Free Content | Scheduled Power Outage in Minden Wednesday https://t.co/nSKLXaGkN0
Free Content | Update on City of Minden power outage https://t.co/8HZYtqJ8C1
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Report power outage in other Louisiana cities.
|Zip Codes||71055, 71058|
A big pop sound on Brenda Circle right after power went out.
Power out on Brenda Circle
big boom outside and no power
Still out on Summit
Power out on Brenda Circle. Thanks!