Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Mountain View, Oklahoma? Contact your local utility company.
Mountain View Power Outages Caused by Weather
A spate of power outages left tens of thousands of homes and businesses without electrical service across the central San Diego area for part of the morning Tuesday.
Electricity is fully restored after thousands of homes and businesses in the Healdsburg, Rohnert Park, Santa Rosa and Windsor areas lost power in two major outages Monday morning.
Squirrel makes contact with underground cable, leading to large downtown outage | News | Palo Alto Online |
A squirrel that made contact with an underground cable led to a power outage that disrupted service for 4,462 Palo Alto Utilities customers downtown on Wednesday morning, according to the Utilities Department.
Power briefly shut down for 1,700 Palo Alto Utilities customers in effort to protect state grid | News | Palo Alto Online |
About 1,700 Palo Alto Utilities customers were briefly without power Tuesday evening in response to a state energy emergency alert, which was implemented amid a prolonged heat wave.
Cities Set Record Highs While Thousands of SDG&E Customers Endure Outages in Heat - Times of San Diego
Multiple power outages continued for thousands of San Diego Gas & Electric customers as a heat wave caused record highs to fall in parts of San Diego County.
RICHLAND, Wash. - One car rammed into a transformer around Leslie Road and Mountain View Lane around 8:30 p.m. on August 12, causing a power outage in the area, according
Customers describe interrupted medical care, poor communication and hundreds of dollars in wasted food
A construction crew working on the 3rd Street project caught a communications line on a loader, which broke the utility pole and caused a power outage affecting much of downtown
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Mountain View, Oklahoma